Got a job since 4 months. Investing ~25k every month. Also doing SIPs. All are long term bets.
1. People are saying Kotak would not reach its historical valuations and is currently trading at a fair price. Bought it because of two reasons, I wanted a big stock to add stability to my portfolio and the stock price had fallen after Uday Kotak resigned and saw a video where it said that it’s revenue and profits have increased but the stock price hasn’t reflected that.
2. Bought Equitas because of the huge opportunity in the small finance sector and because it was the cheapest amongst it peers (AU and Ujjivan).
3. EMS limited bought because of the huge opportunity in the wastewater management sector and a strong order book and management’s direct experience in the sector.
4. Bought HFCL on a friend’s high conviction recommendation 😶.
5. Sharda motors has the biggest share in the local automobile exhaust systems sector. They have their own RnD team. Company has joint ventures for BS6 standards and battery packs for 2 3 wheeler EVs. The management seems to be quite competent. They’ve guessed that the EV threat to their business will come first into the passenger vehicle section and that too first in the 2 wheeler section. This is why they have done the EV JV in 2 wheeler segment and have also targeted to shift 75% of their exhaust systems to commercial vehicles like tractors and stuff. High conviction on this one.